Rachna Mehra has dedicated a great deal of time and energy to her career. In fact, she has created a highly regarded medical practice through her hard work. Building a career in the medical field is not an easy task. In fact, it is considered one of the more challenging professional paths out there. But the doctor has accomplished this amazing feat and has used it to its fullest potential ever since.
What Does it Take to Thrive as a Medical Professional?
Medical professionals must possess many skills to flourish. These skills range from a love of the industry to the ability to remember large amounts of information. Here are some of the skills and qualities that Dr. Rachna Mehra possesses that have helped her build her career:
- The utmost respect for the field and practice of medicine
- The ability to independently research new information
- A dedication to providing the highest quality of care, including investigating all patient concerns
- An understanding of biology and how the human body functions
- An appreciation for the immense amount of knowledge that a medical doctor should possess
- The ability to learn said knowledge and remember it over the years
- A knack for updating medical knowledge with new innovations, research, and best practices
- The ability to practically apply the information learned in medical school
- An attitude that allows one to learn from each day on the job
- A commitment to constantly improving one’s abilities within the medical field
- An appreciation for the value of collaboration with other doctors
- The ability to refer patients to specialists when necessary
- Clear communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Active listening skills
- Respect for each and every patient
Dr. Mehra has used all of these skills and more to thrive in her profession. Through her experiences, she has developed these capabilities and then some. Thanks to these qualities, she has proven herself as a highly successful medical professional.
The Beginning of a Career
The doctor started her career in India. It was in this country where she attended medical school. Medical school is a unique academic challenge. Not only does the curriculum require a great deal of learning, the experience is taxing and pushes students to learn time management. It also helps students develop the ability to think under pressure.
After completing her medical degree, the doctor accepted two internships in India. One was at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Dehli, while the other was at H.P Medical College in Shimla. The former internship taught her a great deal about applying her medical knowledge. The latter internship taught her how to work efficiently with other medical professionals.
After completing her education in India, the doctor moved to the United States. Here, she enrolled at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri. Unlike many other doctors, this physician earned a Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
Earning an MBA was a great career choice for Dr. Rachna Mehra. Because of it, she is able to run the medical and business aspects of her practice. As a result, her patients experience a much more streamlined quality of care. Additionally, she is able to use her unique perspective to ensure that she offers exactly what her patients need.
But the doctor did more than earn her MBA at Washington University. She also participated in a fellowship in cellular immunology. To add to this list, she has also completed a fellowship in anti-aging and bio-regenerative medicine as well as a fellowship in rheumatology. Furthermore, she completed her residency in rheumatology at St. Louis University.
These early educational experiences have paved the way for the health professional’s success. She is a Fellow of the American College of Rheumatology.
Dr. Mehra started her career in rheumatology. This field taught her a great deal about medicine, patient care, and her own capabilities. In fact, it ignited her interest in anti-aging and bio-regenerative medicine. Today, these are the areas in which she practices.
Rachna Mehra’s Professional History
- Between 1976 and 1979, Dr. Rachna Mehra completed an externship, internship, and residency. Her externship was a rotation at Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Illinois. From here she took on an internship at St. Louis University Hospital. She stayed at this hospital for her residency.
- After completing her residency, she worked on a fellowship in cellular immunology. Here she conducted research regarding anti-DNA hybridoma at Washington University.
- For a fellowship in rheumatology with the Department of Internal Medicine, she moved to St. Louis University.
- From 1979 to 2006, the doctor practiced rheumatology.
- Since 2009, she has practiced anti-aging and bio-regenerative medicine. This new endeavor has allowed her to apply a larger skill set while diving into a field that she truly enjoys.
The healthcare specialist knows the importance of keeping up with the latest innovations. The medical field changes quite quickly, due to great strides in research. To remain current on all the new ideas, medications, best practices, and treatment techniques, the doctor plays a roll in several professional associations. They are as follows:
- The American Rheumatism Society
- The American Association of Neuromuscular and Elecrodiagnostic Medicine
- The American Medical Association (former member)
In addition to these affiliations, the doctor keeps up with the research scene. In fact, she is part of an ongoing study involving non-steroid anti-inflammatory agents. This study began in 1985 and is still underway.
Since entering medical school, Rachna Mehra has dedicated her life to the practice of helping others. Through her dedication and skill, Doctor Rachna Mehra has built an impressive career. In fact, her capabilities have allowed her to contribute to several different fields. As such, she has proven an integral part of the medical community in her area. Dr. Rachna Mehra has done a great deal for the medical industry and continues to serve her patients.
Awesome design, congrats on the new site!!